Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Calypso Poet Shortage

We had plenty of doctors
We had plenty of lawyers
We had people to make us things
We had people to sell us those things
We didn't have enough room for those things
We build lots of self storage
Calypso poet shortage

I'm not a poet, never have been. I wrote a limerick once--it was hilarious...all about nursing school. It made reference to the professor who got her nose pierced while I was in school. Every one laughed as they read it--and she went and grabbed it out of a student's hand. Then read it aloud, laughing hardest at the reference to her.

I would however, like to be a calypso poet. I don't know what a calypso poet is, but I want to be one. If you study the quote, it is easy to imagine boring stuffy lawyers and doctors in their tastefully neutral suits. It is easy to imagine the day to day grind that we all go through, accumulating things that we don't need.

Then boom...calyspo poet! It brings up all kinds of images--the islands, the sun, the water, bright colors, music. I want to be a calypso poet.

Dateline is about the "DaVinci Code." I stayed up all night reading the book the other day. It was good, but I don't think I've lost my mind over it--but I read it in one sitting.

My significant other came through on his way back from looking at ranches last night...I took him home (70 miles) today. His realtor had an earache, so I suggested candeling his ear. We did it this afternoon. It was great fun. But still not the same as being a calypso poet.

Calypso poet shortage