Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Fruitcakes

Fruitcakes in the kitchen
Fruitcakes on the street
Struttin' naked through the cross walk
In the middle of the week


I spoke too soon...Tom Cruise did do something nutty today. He expressed the opinion that "we are not alone in the universe." This was listed on every news media--near the top of the headlines. Right up there with the Presidents speech.

I guess the sharks didn't come through for the media today. So, they make Tom Cruise out to be some kind of a fruitcake because he entertains the concept that with the size of the universe we might not be the only life out there.

Then they list that he likes to talk about Scientology, criticized Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants for post partum depression, and called psychiatry "pseduo-science."

I'm no fan of Tom Cruise. In fact, I think he is pretty much a fruitcake. However, think about it for a moment. All religious people like to talk about their religion. They wouldn't bother with it if they didn't feel passionate about it. That he would comment on taking anti-depressants for post-partum depression is pretty stupid (does anybody out there remember Andrea Yates?) and psychiatry is a pretty tricky science.

But there just might be life out there...just because Tom Cruise is mostly a nut doesn't mean everything that comes out of his mouth is insane. I just thing right now, the media is circling him like sharks, and he would be better off if he kept his mouth shut.

Welder Girl makes some pretty good points in her comments--"People must only want to hear about the gruesome gory things. Even though I feel the president's message would have been just as painful."

I have to confess--I didn't listen to the presidents message. I KNEW it would be painful.

Half baked cookies in the oven
Half baked people on the bus
There's a little bit of fruitcake left in everyone of us