Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I have found me a home

My old red bike Gets me around
To the bars and the beaches of my town
And there aren't many reasons I would leave.

My bike is green...but it is definately old. I got it from a seventy-five year old lady. I live a little far from town for it to really get me around town, but it does get me around my neighborhood. I like to ride down to the cemetary and see what is going on. You wouldn't think that there is much going on in a cemetary, but if you observe carefully there is a lot that goes on in the cemetary. There are plenty of bars in my town, but no beaches. If you feel the urge to ride your bike to the bar, let me advise you that riding your bike to the bar is an extremely bad idea. I've taken care of a lot of people who got hit on their way home from the bar. It is never good.

Good news on the computer front...the CPU is fine, the motherboard is fine. Air is not circulating through the case...so I'm getting a new case. The technician that I talked to today was utterly charming. He told me immediately that my new power supply was "cute" and that he had already been online to find one like it for his computer (I knew right away that he was a genius--it is an awesome power supply--chrome and modular). Then he told me what computer games to play online. I told him to throw in a few extra fans if the computer needed it. So, my home computer is getting a body transplant. My work computer survived the brain transplant (their was some doubt for awhile), and is working good, except for a few bugs (probably nosicomial infection).

I had to go to work at seven...yuck. I did get to come home for awhile and take a nap in the pool. Then I had to go back for another meeting at seven in the evening. It was a real humdinger. Some fiesty people in that meeting. Then I went with the other managers and ate dinner--a little decompression.

I love the town that I live in...especially in the summertime. The people are great, there is no traffic, and the weather is wonderful. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 104--should be a great day for swimming! I've lived a lot of places, but this is truly home.