Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm turning off the waterfall, the tourists can go home

Feel its time to travel, time to write a poem...
Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt.

Spent the weekend in tourist mode... rode down at least one new road. We went to Ruidoso, and the weather was hot during the day and cool at night, which was just lovely.

I have a Ruidoso routine. I sleep late, then I get up and drink coffee with Bailey's on the patio and read whatever I can get my hands on. This weekend, it was magazines. After a late lunch at the Bistro, we headed out to go over the back road to Lincoln. The desert was in bloom, and I got several pictures of the cholla blooming. I also got some pictures in Lincoln--not a whole photo essay, but the Torreon and the Doctors house.
ca
The next morning I had my coffee early so that we could make the Sunday Brunch at the Inn of the Mountain Gods. It was a champagne brunch, so the day was off to a nice start. The we traveled back roads from Tularosa through LaLuz canyon and the national forest, coming out just below Cloudcroft. We made our way five thousand feet down to the basin and went to White Sands National Monument. It was hot, but impressive...I wish I would have taken my tripod, but managed to take a lot of pictures anyway.

Then we backtracked to Tularosa and picked up cold beer and made our way to Three Rivers Petroglyphs. As always, it was hot, dry, and impressive. I managed to fill up a 1GB compact flash card and two 256MB cards with pictures. Actually, La Luz canyon was the only place I hadn't been before, and I didn't take any pictures there. The other places I have lots of pictures of, but none digital. Then it was back to Ruidoso for a late dinner at Phil's Pasta Cafe.

Today it was time to turn off the waterfall and I came home. My computer is still messed up (the CPU is blazing hot), so I can't download and look at my pictures yet.