Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Make the whole day one big afternoon

Or, better still make the whole week one big weekend. Wouldn't it be great if we worked two days and were off for five instead of the other way around?
I got up this morning, read the newspaper and then watched "Dazed and Confused." It was an apt title--the entire movie was pretty much dazed and confused. Stoner movies are generally pretty depressing, because most stoners are pretty boring. An exception would be the stoner character in the movie, "The Perfect Score." Now that stoner was interesting. Or the class stoner of all time--Spicoli in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High." In life, I remember one stoner/druggie who was interesting--a guy from college, Jeff. He did drugs constantly and was always coming up with truly creative things. The highlight for me of his drug experience was when he revealed that he would dream in animation, and that in the dream he was also animated. That was almost enough to get me on drugs. The problem with drugs is that most people do them looking to be more creative, funnier, more social than they actually are. Unfortunaely most of us aren't that creative, funny or social, so drug induced lowering of inhibitions really doesn't help out much with a flat personality. However for the altered person they can't correctly guage people's reactions to them and they feel like they have somehow been improved--an error on their part.
I've made the prescribed calls to family, took a nap in the pool and am getting ready to work on a boring presentation for work.
Matthew McConaghey (?sp) is fun to watch, boring movie and all. That languid, lazy southern drawl always puts me in a good mood. Plus, he's not hard to look at. He is one of those guys who actually looks better now that he is a little bald.

I read that they found an insurgent bunker in Iraq that was the size of nine football fields. They are not sure if it was Saddam Husseins, or if the insurgents built it. I'm glad that I live in a part of the world where we don't feel the need to do too many things underground.