Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

You got to bend...

You got to bend a little one way or the other
You got to leave your mind open to discover

I'm a little stirred up about the whole land grab thing and the Supreme Court. The whole idea seems fundamentally un-American. Now add to this equation that I just had a less than cordial exchange of words with the lady down the street--someone I know from life, not just the neighborhood--and it is almost enough to really put me on a roll.

I have to admit, the lady down the street I've never liked. She is basically a nasty person, and I've always known that, but I tried to be nice. I guess that I don't have to make any particular pretense of being nice anymore, and really, that is okay with me. She has to live with herself (and she is chronically unhappy about something), and I don't have to have anything to do with her. So enough with her.

On to the land grab. My first instinct is to have all kinds of fits--protest, have a sit in at the Supreme Court, file some kind of paperwork to take the land under the Supreme Court in some kind of emminent domain scheme, you know, generally raise hell.

However, what will be more effective, is just not to ever spend a dime in that shopping mall or with those companies that locate on that land. It is somewhere back east, so I guess I wasn't going to spend any money there anyway. I still want to know what companies go in there, so I can make sure I don't spend any money on them here in Texas.

I want to fight with Rick Perry also...no funding for the schools this year (but my school taxes are higher than ever)--what an idiot. I'll definately spend a little energey making sure that he doesn't get re-elected.

I got my new motherboard today. I am going to insist on being first assistant in the installation. I love doing that stuff. I might just read the directions and do it myself. Should I read the directions before I do it, or after? My daddy taught me, "when all else fails, read the directions."

Seems I've been fightin' it all along
You got to bend a little no matter which side you're on
Or soon you'll be gone