Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Travelin' Girl

As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man,
I have chalked up many a mile.

I chalked up more miles today. We went to the mountains in New Mexico, where it was hot, but not nearly as hot as West Texas. It was a great weekend.

About halfway to the mountains, on a little road in the middle of nowhere, the sun started going down. I pulled over to take pictures...and got a picture of the sun outlined in coral in a bank of blue clouds.

Drinking coffee on the patio, I realized that the hummingbirds came to a feeder just off the patio. I moved it slightly so that I didn't have to shoot through the porch and took hummingbird picutres.

I can now add Jicarrea, New Mexico to the list of places I've been. I'm pretty sure I misspelled that.

I came home on the backroads. Texans amaze me--if there is one curve in the road, they can't drive more than 55. It took about twenty miles to get past all of them, then I flew accross the desert in a rainstorm. I love the smell of rain and greasewood!

So, tomorrow, it is back to work...and I have a lot of work to do. They moved up our section meeting a week, so I have a bunch of stuff to get ready for Tuesday night.

Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks,
And I've learned much from both of their styles.