Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Twenty seven years of beer

And across from the bar there's a pile of beer cans
Been there twenty-seven years
Imagine all the heart aches and tears
In twenty-seven years of beer

It is only the middle of the week, and beer already sounds good. Although, as I've gotten old, I wouldn't even think of drinking beer in the middle of the week--I wouldn't get anything done, and I have a ton of things to do.

It finally rained! I don't know how much--I was still at work. But when I came home tonight I didn't have to water--there were big puddles everywhere.

I am on a "too much work and not enough play" mode. It is of course budget time, harvest time, and all of the busy times at work. So, today I booked a ticket to St. Louis, Missouri, for no other reason than I have never been to Missouri before. I had a $400 voucher from last summer when I agreed to get bumped off of a flight. I am going mid-August. I know nothing about Missouri, except that Hannibal Missouri is Mark Twain's birthplace. So, why the hell not!

I don't have a count of how many states I still have to visit, but the list is getting shorter. I chose between Michigan, Missouri, Missippi and Maine...the M's were appealing to me. I did think about New Orleans, but I don't think that the weather would be very nice in August.

So, at last I have a plan for a vacation. I will be studying up on what to see and do. I will take a picture of the arch.

As busy as I have been at work, it has been pretty fun--lots of challenges.

Only forty people livin' there today.