Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Beach House on the Moon

I saw him through my telescope,
On a cloudless night in June,
As he rested between voyages
At his beach house on the moon

I got all excited today thinking that the space shuttle was going to land at White Sands. I was planning on calling in to work and driving six hours to White Sands, just to see it land. Unfortunately, NASA isn't cooperating and telling where it will land, so I am going to miss the opportunity to see the shuttle land.

Space is just too cool.

This photo is a classic West Texas scene--the valley irrigation system, and the sandhills cranes winging their way back to their winter lodging.