Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Monday, August 22, 2005

LA Freeway

Pack up all your dishes.
Make note of all good wishes.
Say goodbye to the landlord for me.
That son of a bitch has always bored me.
Throw out them LA papers
And that moldy box of vanilla wafers.
Adios to all this concrete.
Gonna get me some dirt road back street

I'm a small town kid. The town I grew up in had a population of just over 1,200 people. I went off to college in central California in a town of about 36,000 people, which was huge for me.
When I became a nurse, I had a real taste for trauma and excitement, so I gravitated to the big city. As a traveling nurse, I continued to go to big cities and big hospitals. I started living in Texas...but still in big cities, when I realized that I wanted to get to work in the morning without driving through traffic. So, after a couple of detours, I moved to the biggest small town in Texas...close to my favorite place on the earth.

If I can just get off of this LA freeway
Without getting killed or caught
I'll be down the road in a cloud of smoke
to some land I ain't bought
(more Guy Clark)