Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

A little Guy Clark...

Well the bus pulled away
In a roaring black cloud
I stood in the road Honey
I hollered right out loud
Hey Darlin' I love ya
Hey bus driver whoa
But you can't stop a woman who is out of control

In my family, we tend to live lives with a low drama quotient. Adventure, danger and excitement we embrace, but drama for the sake of drama is pretty much avoided. We were taught to pretty much manage our emotions, make decisions and move on with out worrying over them. The Latin root for the word decisions has to do with knives and "cutting away," because when you make a decision, you cut away your other choices. Pretty profound, but I'm quoting the math doctor here, so I take no credit. "Let's do something, even if its wrong" was a frequent saying in my childhood. Net result is when emotions get out of control, we just don't get it. As Spock would say, "it's not logical."

Now Ramblin' Jack Elliot said:
I got these lines in my face
tryin' to straighten out the wrinkles in my life...

Once, quite a few years ago we went to Jerry Jeff Walker's birthday party in Austin, and Ramblin Jack Elliot was the featured guest. And ramble he did, for about forty-five minutes straight. My brother, the mountain climber, musician, cowboy, programmer turned math doctor, was with us, and we had a great time staying at the Driskill. This is particular picture was in his cowboy/musician days.Stayin' up all night in the Driskill Hotel
Ramblin' Jack and Mahan was cowboyed all to hell
the room smelled like bulls the words sound like songs
now there's a pair to draw to boys
I would not steer you wrong
Great shot of Rosalie in honor of what would have been her forty-first birthday.