Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tin Cup Chalice


With a tin cup for a chalice
Fill it up with good red wine,
And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

We had rain in Texas this winter. When spring came, the flowers popped up all over the landscape. Now, in West Texas, it can be a stretch to call it landscape--it is flat, dry and generally there isn't much to look at. This year however, to quote one West Texas Rancher, "We got more wildflowers than the hill country."

I could have straightened the horizon, but this picture was taken down the side of what Texans call a "hill".

Here are a couple of Tahoka Daisy's.