Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Digital Scrapbooking

I've been reading BigDave's Blog http://bigdaveblogger.blogspot.com/ and I got to thinking about my own scrapbooking history. Like Big Dave, I scrapbooked for years before it was popular. Like Dave, the current scrapbooking craze caught me completely unaware. I would spend hours looking for the right acid free papers and glues, cropping down pictures and decorating my pages.

Last summer I found photobooks at ofoto.com. It was pretty cool, but I couldn't design the whole page the way I wanted. Then, earlier this year, I found MyPublisher.com. It is the coolest thing ever. You put together a book, and they publish it in an 8.5 x 11 hardbound book and send it to you. I don't bother with their templates, I just make a scrapbook page in Photoshop, and put the whole page into my publisher under the just photo's option. The pages end up looking like this:

This is from when I went to visit Lynn in California.

Poppies from my California Trip.

The day we went to see the President, who fell getting off the stage.

A Southwest Themed Page.

They charge a buck 49 a page, and I don't even print photo's anymore, just make a book. It's awesome.