Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Todd Snider

I still find it a little strange that I am a Todd Snider fan. My music tastes are pretty constricted--Jimmy Buffett, Texas Country and Folk (sometimes found in the Americana section), and country (as long as it is not too trite). Then I have a few other singers that I like that really make no sense. Todd Snider is a grunge rocker?? (is it really rock?) from the northwest (originally Portland, I think). I first heard him at Jerry Jeff Walker's birthday party about ten years ago and he sang a song about the devil's backbone. My all time favorite Todd Snider is his song about D.B. Cooper. This is another favorite Todd Snider tune, and a picture of him singing it at the 2005 birthday bash.
You know just the other morning
I was hanging around in my house
I had that new book with pictures of Madonna naked
I was checkin' it out
Just then a friend of mine came through the door
Said she never pegged me for a scumbag before
She said she didn't ever want to see me any more
And I still don't know why

I think I'm am alright guy, I think I'm am alright guy
I just want to live until I've gotta die
I know I ain't perfect, but God knows I try
I think I'm an alright guy, I think I'm alright