Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Name:
Location: Somewhere (not over China)

I grew up in a town with hippies, rednecks, and a reservation. My daddy was a cowboy and my mother was a Baptist. Thus, my life experiences molded me to be slightly off center at all times...sometimes right, sometimes left.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What I like about Texas

You ask me what I like about Texas
It's the big timber roundneck Nacadoches
It's driving El Camino Real into San Antone
It's the Riverwalk and Mi Tierra
Dancing to the Cotton-eyed Joe
It's stories of the Menger Hotel and the Alamo!
(You remember the Alamo!)
It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!
It's a quarter for the jukebox, boys,
Play some songs by your favorite Austin Texas band!

Five more weeks, and I will be going to the hill country twice--once with my best friend to celebrate our birthday's, and once for the annual pilgrimage for Jerry Jeff Walker's birthday. I can't wait. I'm taking my goddaughter to the Menger Hotel Bar, even if she is a little young for that--and Dick's Last Resort. I'm going to take a ton of pictures and not work for an entire week. I think I'm even going to take my bike.